The overriding goal of mathematics education in Marlboro Township Public Schools is to enhance all of our students with the skills, understandings and attitudes that they will need to be successful in their careers and daily lives.
The curriculum emphasizes higher-order thinking skills to compute routine algorithms to help students become problem solvers. The curriculum takes a developmental and sequential approach; a concept is introduced, subsequently developed, and mastered. It contains a strong focus on technology at every grade level and integrates math with other subjects.
New Jersey Student Learning Standards
Click Here for the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards for math:
There are eight goals outlined in the NJSLS that will provide a framework for preparation and instruction in mathematics. These goals are helpful for you to think about when working with your child/children in math.
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Model with mathematics
- Use appropriate tools strategically
- Attend to precision
- Look for and make use of structure
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning