Originally built in 1832, Robertsville Elementary School was once a one-room schoolhouse that was built on the corner of Tennent and Union Hill Roads. It was remodeled in 1912 and used for special education purposes at that time. This building is still standing today.
The Robertsville Elementary School as we know it today, was built in 1968, on Menzel Lane in Morganville, New Jersey. It is believed the school may have been named after Matthew Roberts, a prominent businessman. Robertsville has been remodeled and expanded several times over the years to accommodate the growing student body, which now numbers approximately 650.
The Roadrunner is the original mascot at Robertsville and has been for over 25 years.
According to a ranking done by New Jersey Monthly magazine in its September 2001 issue, Robertsville Elementary School was recognized as one of 31 great schools in New Jersey.